Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Domestically Challenged

JH: As I've covered in my personal blog (Haute Whimsy), I hate to clean. I would fail as a house wife, much to my mother's dismay. She is always harping on me to "feed my man". I actually don't mind cooking, but working with limited apartment-style space leaves me lacking motivation. But tonight I thought I'd surprise Joe (it's kind of a big deal when he walks through the door and dinner is waiting for him ... why hasn't he left me yet?!). I planned on making his new favorite: mini shepard's pies.

Step 1) chop half an onion. Wait. Is it supposed to feel slimy?
Step 2) chop 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary. Hold on. Should rosemary have little white dry specks? Step 3) screw it. This isn't gonna work.
Step 4) see if he wants to order pizza when he gets home.

Tell me this stuff happens to you too!

CH: I wish I could tell you it happens to me too...but I guess I would have to start by actually attempting to make dinner in the first place....it's just not my forte. As much as I take an interest in recipes, I moreso enjoy FINDING recipes, and then asking Dan to make it. He's just so good at it...and actually enjoys it.

Once in a blue moon I'll make dinner...normally on a special occasion. But I think if I was home all day and he was working, I'd probably feel more inclined to have dinner waiting. :)

I feel I am the epitome (sp??) of domestically challenged.

Is it glamor or glamour?

JH: I prefer glamour, but spell check says glamor.


CH: I think it's either...but see dictionary.com - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/glamor

Let's go with glamour since we both prefer it? :)

JH: Done!

Contributors: Jennifer Harbourn and Crystal Henning; http://beachykeencity.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Jamie Marie said...

I make the bestest shepard's pie ever. Its too bad that I don't live closer to you or I would teach you to make tasty things. Screw the cleaning up part if you cook it the others eating it should clean it up.

Onions are not supposed to feel slimy rosemary shouldn't have dry white specks either.

Here's a tip freeze your onions the only thing it does to them is takes the what ever out of them that makes you tear up while cutting them :)

ooh I should create a cooking blog

Unknown said...

Great tip Jamie! About the freezing the onions and all....never thought to do that, but now that you mention it, I feel like I've heard of it before....I'll be sure to let Dan know :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online