Friday, June 12, 2009

Panera


Jen: I love Panera SO much! It's a bakery specializing in bread, but they also sell fabulous soups in breadbowls and amazing sandwiches. It's one of my favorite places to spend time, although Joe really doesn't care for it. I rarely go there now :(

My favorite thing to order is the Broccoli Cheddar Soup in a sourdough bowl, with a Dr. Pepper of course! They seem to have the best Dr. Pepper in town!

Another perk is that they have wifi, so you'll always see customers slaving over keyboards while stuffing bread in their mouths. It has such a great vibe!

And although I still haven't been, Crystal and I are lucky in that our local Panera is directly downstairs from Burke Williams spa, so a great massage is only steps away!


Crystal: So I am really not a sandwich fan at all...I do like Subway, but only Subway Melts pretty much....I like anything that's warm and has bacon on it. :) With that said though, I don't know how I feel about Panera......

I haven't been there yet, although I always see them around....I would probably like the soup bread bowls....but I don't know that I would ever make a special trip somewhere just to get soup.

Perhaps I'll try it sometime....maybe when my photography biz lets me work full time and I can leave my real full time job, then I might take advantage of the free wi-fi....but for now, working at the office and at home is enough for me without needing to go working during my lunch or dinner. :)

Burke Williams on the other hand.....that I do like. Costs a pretty penny, but oh so worth it....the only time I've gone was the day before Warren and Blanca's wedding....Blanca was going to relax and de-stress so I decided to join her.....we were a bit rushed since we went close to closing time....but I LOVED all the face products they had for you to use and sample, and I just loved the ambiance of the whole place.....I definitely want to go back. Special occasion type place though (unless I hit the lottery or something!) :)

16 comments:

WarriorHeartGypsySoul said...

I love their mozzarella/tomato panini!!!

paddle to shore said...

I heard the wifi is FREE, is that true? If so, I plan on going to Panera ALLLLLLLLLLL the time when I move to LA!

Jen said...

It's free! I think it's the perfect place to spend your computer time!!

Jill said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! i was like "omg a post about panera!? could someone actually love panera as much as i do!?"

and you said it- broccoli cheddar soup in a sourdough bowl. it's like a little fairy came down with her wand on that delicious concoction. it's my fave!

skinnylattemama said...

I LOVE the soup in a bread bowl, So Yummy:)

~ ennui ~ said...

my favorite is the french onion soup bread bowl....i could eat about ten of them in one sitting :)

Rose Valentine said...

Panera is yummy. :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love the chicken and wild rice soup. So delicious!!

jeff said...

Bon les filles, faut arrêter de "bouffer" des sandwishes !... Tu m'étonnes après que toutes ces belles nana deviennent.... deviennent... enfin deviennent !
Manger du pain certes, mais avec du bon vin...! Non ? Essaies ! Tu verras !
Bon, tchin tchin !...8:)

Lydia said...

We love Panera.

For Parties, we get their ciabatta, french bread, or country white and make sandwiches w/ a meat and cucumber slices. We wrap brown wax paper around them (not the ends) and tie with some twine. They go like hot cakes. Have the lettuce,etc. on the side. They are so cute that way!

I love the ginger peach tea.

Anonymous said...

The bread is very delicious, you can tell to indonesia? how the price of bread

Helen McGinn said...

Aww, I wanna go there!! I'm just going to have to visit sometime. Hope you are both well!
Helen xx

Nikolett said...

Ahh, I don't think they have any of these in Canada, but it sounds amazing! Any soup that has broccoli in it is amazing to me, for sure!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Yum yum yum!! Now thats all I'll be able to think about the rest of the day!

Anonymous said...

I was a bit skeptical about Panera the first time I went. But the sandwiches are really delicious and its become one of my favorite places to eat.

Anonymous said...

oh... i looooove panera. i am drooling for it now. my husband doesnt like it so i am often going alone!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online