Monday, June 1, 2009

Dr. Pepper


Jen: I've learned so much about Dr. Pepper recently!!! It has always been my favorite soda, but it wasn't until this past week that I learned there is a Dr. Pepper museum, tons of Dr. Pepper jewelry on Etsy, and even a recipe for Dr. Pepper fajitas!

Crystal, do you remember the ham I made a few years ago for our "Friend's Thanksgiving" dinner? It was also made with Dr. Pepper!

Crystal: I do remember your yummy Dr. Pepper ham!!!! I thought you were crazy, but I was willing to try it! It was pretty darn good :) :)
And how exciting...I want to go to the Dr. Pepper museum! I have been holding back so much lately though on soda...trying to lose weight and all...but I'm always feening for some DP....once in awhile I'll give in :) :)

Jen: I've been much better about my Dr. Pepper intake! I soda'd out after a Costco trip a few weeks ago and am now glad to be rid of the sugary vice! For now ;)

8 comments:

Keith said...

That is so cool. I never knew all of that about Dr. Pepper. It's my favorite soda.

Deanna Bland Hiott PhD, MSN, RN said...

I am interested in that Dr Pepper ham. I bet that is awesome. I have a recipe for coke roast, that is very good. :)

Jen said...

Mmm, Coke roast sounds awesome! Can you post the recipe? I think I pulled the Dr. Pepper ham from recipes.com :)

Kelly L said...

I knew about coke and cherry coke but never Dr. Pepper - I'm going to look for some recipes.

Love,
Kelly

Chris said...

LOL!

I heard they recently discovered the orignial recipe penciled in a notebook.... I've heard of Coke and ham, but not Dr. Pepper. Sounds good!

My best friend and I used to drink Diet Dr. Pepper (we were watching our weight) at work to get hyped up and energized in the afternoon. Ah, memories!

andrealynn said...

I heart Dr. Pepper too! Would love to try a ham cooked with Dr. Pepper, sounds yummy

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! is the only word I can use to discribe thhis post...

JoMo said...

I'm a pepper fan too!
I've passed on the "one lovely blog" award to your blog :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online