Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Question of the Week 9-15-09

Crystal: I am completely slacking...sorry! I was out of town last week and have been playing catch-up ever since at work...and my after work schedule is a whole other story....I'm just BUSY. I need another word for "busy" because I'm tired of saying it to everyone.

Anyways - question for this week (this is for all of our readers as well!):

What book are you reading right now?

Me? Surprisingly I am reading a book right now...usually my "busy-ness" doesn't allow me the room, but I started reading it on the plane last week and now I need to finish it! So I am currently reading Dean Koontz' Velocity. I love Dean Koontz' books...I've read quite a few to date...although there's many more to read still! I love the mystery books, and his usually entails a bit of supernatural along with the morbidity of human capabilities. So they're half realistic and half "out there"...and a whole lot of 'interesting'. :)


Whatcha reading Jen?? Readers??

Jen: I still need to give Dean Koontz a try. I keep saying I will, but I always forget once I enter the wonderland that is Borders!

I just started reading
Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain! I don't know if you watch his show "No R
eservations" on the Travel Channel, but he's awesome! Crass, controversial, politically incorrect and hysterical- I love him!

From my understanding, this book is what put him on the map. It gives you a low-down and dirty backstage pass to what really goes on in high-end restaurants.
"A deliciously funny, delectably shocking banquet of wild-but-true tales of life in the culinary trade from Chef Anthony Bourdain, laying out his more than a quarter-century of drugs, sex, and haute cuisine."
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online