Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner

Jen: Just as so many others, I am heartbroken about Patrick Swayze's passing :( I grew up crushing on him, and my crush turned into unconditional respect as I watched this gentleman do good for the world, love his wife madly and fight his cancer with grace and dignity.

I was constantly amazed by his calmness and positive thinking throughout his battle, even while the disgusting tabloids headlined his impending doom week after week. It's humbling to witness such humanity. I think we're all very lucky to have "known" this man.


Crystal: I never considered myself a "fan" really of his...I didn't dislike him by any means, just wasn't really aware of a lot of his work besides Ghost I think. I never watched Dirty Dancing (gasp!!) and I think that's where a lot of his fanbase grew from, at least from what i can see....

But, I did see an interview with him a year or so ago, along with his wife, and was also amazed at his positive thinking. He was so sure he was going to come out on the other side of this, even though I don't think very many people, if anyone, do....I was also highly impressed that he made a whole tv series while in the midst of chemo and whatever other treatments he was on...that is AMAZING.

I didn't know much about his type of cancer until a friend/co-worker's step-father was diagnosed with it about a year and a half ago or so...she would come to work telling me about the disease and how severe it is, and how quickly it takes hold of the body and ultimately kills people. From the time her step-father was diagnosed (on a routine doctor's visit I think) to the time of his passing, it had been less than a year I believe. It just came through like a freight train and took over his life, and then took his life. It's such a horrible disease and it breaks my heart to know there's not a cure. :(

Rest in peace Mr. Swayze.

12 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

May he rest in peace. He was a one of a kind.

Anonymous said...

I grew up with one of his movies, The Outsider, which I was studying the book for my literature subject back in high school. Man, I adore him.

Unknown said...

R.I.P. :(

Suzy said...

They showed one of his interviews where he said he hated that line "nobody puts baby in a corner." He thought it was dumb and corny (I did too) and then they were shooting and when he got to that line he just realized there was nothing else to say but that.

~PakKaramu~ said...

Visiting your blog

yoli said...

I think the same... R.I.P

Pink Links said...

I am so sad about Patrick Swayze's passing.

He was so smart and lovely.

Unknown said...

Ah RIP. he fought so hard.

Missy
For all things fashion:
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

TMT said...

Loved the Patrick. My mum died of pancreatic cancer too, not nice. My thoughts are with his family, may God bless you all.

Plentymorefishoutofwater said...

Just stumbled upon your blog...very good idea, this. Keep up the good work. Oh, and I've never seen Dirty Dancing either...eek.
http://plentymorefishoutofwater.blogspot.com/

Debi said...

He was a man that earned my respect that's for sure! I bet his wife is so lost without this gentle soul. RIP Patrick!
~Lizzy

Unknown said...

he was fabulous, rest in peace...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online