Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sears Tower



Jen: Could you do this?! I think it would be a really cool experience, but I was clenching my fists so tight while watching the video that I actually hurt my thumb! I'm somewhat afraid of heights, but not enough to keep me from something like this. I'm more afraid of being high up without enclosures- bungee jumping, bridges, etc.

Crystal: I can't see the video...it's just a blank box :( But from the sound of your post, I'm doubting I would do it...I don't do anything scary and definitely not things that involve heights.......what is it???

Jen: Hmm, I guess the video was removed. Basically, they created an enclosed glass box at the top of the Sears Tower, much like a balcony. You can step inside and feel like you're floating x amount of stories above ground!

5 comments:

Blind Fly Theater said...

At first I thought it was just a ledge without enclosure... As long as I cant feel the wind whipping by, I think I'd be alright... I stood on a similar glass platform at the top of the C&N Tower in Toronto.
And I'm horribly frightened of heights... NO bungee, though!

~ ennui ~ said...

It's like roller coasters for me-
a love / hate thing.

Sears Tower is just a train ride away....maybe I'll check it out.

*my hands are sweaty just thinking about it*

Kelly L said...

I am very afraid of heights... hate to fly, climb, or look down... Could not go there! This video freaked me out!

Love,
Kelly

very married said...

i've heard of this! (the music in the background is HILARIOUS - very vertigo)

Helen McGinn said...

I can't watch it becuase I'm not in the USA but I can imagine! I hate heights but jumped out an airplane twice. I bungee jumped but cried trying to get down from the Eiffel Tower. Go figure!
x

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online