Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Groupon

Crystal: OK, my new favorite website right now is http://www.groupon.com/

This is the absolute best thing to happen to big city, coupon-lovers since the Grocery Game and Google. :) :)

The basis of it is that a vendor can offer a coupon on this site (usually for 24 - 48 hours) for a deep discount (usually at least 50% but varies), and they can do this because mass amounts of people purchase it and it makes it all worthwhile for the vendor in terms of marketing and repeat business.

Some of the things that have been up there are like - pay $25 for $50 worth of food at xyz restaurant (usually more upscale or never-heard-of restaurants)....I bought two tickets to a wine tasting for $50 and it includes the wine and appetizers at a cute little winery in downtown L.A.

They also have coupons for massages, activities (I got one for a rock-climbing facility called Hangar 18), headshots for actors, sporting events, and the list keeps growing.

I'm definitely going to do something for Avery James Photography through this company in the near future...I just don't have the bandwidth in my life right now to take on any mass amounts of clients (or that's what I'm hoping will happen at least!!).

Bottom line - AWESOME deal financially, and you get to explore new places you probably didn't know about!

They have the program in several big cities...so if it's not in yours yet, just keep checking back. :)

Jen: So it's one sponsored coupon per day?

Crystal: Correct. Every day they have a new vendor with a new offer...although it depends on your city - some of the newer places they have this program for don't have enough offers to do it every day, but the L.A. area definitely does...and I think it originated in Chicago so they have tons there.
And then on the weekends they don't have any - so Friday's offer is extended through the weekend (obviously a better day to your ad because you get 3 days of advertising!)...

And you can subscribe via email so the new offers pop up in your inbox first thing in the morning...it's a great thing to wake up to :)





7 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Definitely going to check this out. Thanks!

Susan Alveshere said...

Hi,
I want to send a quick hello and welcome you to a new blog we have. Being a blogger myself, I am interning for an eco-friendly fashion magazine (which you can go see it yourself at www.brmazagine.com ). I am in charge of writing for their blog and would like you to come take a look and if you see you like it, stay with us and follow. I have so many ideas and would enjoy for you to stay in touch.
Thanks,
Go here: http://www.beautyrevolutionmagazineteam.blogspot.com/

-Kristina Krug

Kelly L said...

thanks for the tip - checking it out next.
Love,
Kelly

Unknown said...

Hello my friend...my heart happy to visit you .. how are you..visit me back

laterg8r said...

i love how random your blog is - am now your latest follower :D

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Thanks so much for dropping by and following me. I'll be back, often, XXXX

scribbling sassy said...

hello! I just found you, your blog rocks!I'm hooked!^^

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online