Monday, August 10, 2009

Cravings!

{Chicken Tikka Masala}

Jen: I've been craving Pakistani food for weeks now! I love the creamy curries and baked naan for dipping. Tandoori oven-cooked meats and honey based desserts. Yum! Joe and I are planning on picking up a huge order this weekend and stuffing ourselves until we never want to eat again (yeah, right!). What is your favorite "ethnic" food?

Crystal: So I'm confused...I didn't know that was Pakistani food...I thought those were all Indian foods...? Or are they similar and am I an idiot? I know that a bunch of us went to this Indian restaurant in downtown El Segundo a few months ago, and I was encouraged to try the chicken Tikka Masala, which I did...and it was sooooo yummy! I didn't think I'd like it, but I really really did.

And - because of that experience, last week I went to Fresh and Easy to get something for lunch and decided to try their chicken masala dish (pre-made, you just heat it up) and it was FABULOUS! And I typically get weird about microwaved chicken, but it was really good quality, not gross at all, and super yummy! I'm starting to crave it now actually! :) :)

My favorite ethnic food...hmmm, well I love anything teriyaki...I actually LOVE the Korean BBQ Beef at The Loft in Torrance...it's Hawaiian food I think, despite the Korean name being in it...?? It's soooooo good. And I love Kung Pao chicken from PF Chang's....and I loooove looove looove Mochi Ice Cream....yummm. So I guess my greatest influence and love is for Asian foods...although I think the ones I like are pretty American-ized...so not so ethnic....but I'd like to think they are. :)

Other than that, I'm not very adventurous with ethnic foods...if I didn't grow up eating it, I probably won't try it...........unless it's a pretty safe dish.

Oh - I just remembered, Carmen makes this absolutely wonderful Peruvian dish - I think she said it's called Chicken Pudding....it's basically a thick, chicken sauce/cream with bread and pieces of chicken in it with Peruvian spices....it is to die for!!!!! :) :)

Jen: Yum! Carmen's dish sounds lovely! I love anything saucy and dip-able. In fact, I bamboozled Joe into picking up Al Noor on his way home tonight!

Pakistani food is basically Indian food, just slightly spicier from my understanding. Indian cuisine also seems to have a sweetness that I don't care for too much. I've noticed that they use a lot of raisins.

6 comments:

considerthelillies said...

I love Chicken Tikka masala and naan and many other Indian dishes and I totally get cravings for them!! My son-in-law is from India and we learned to eat and LOVE Indian food!

Kelly L said...

I'm with Considerthelillies on this one.. chicken tikka masala with onion naan, and lamb tikka.. yummy..

Love,
Kelly

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, I wanted to leave you a comment because I've found your posts really interesting - sometimes they are topics I know little about and we can all learn something new everyday !

Your pictures are simply amazing. So thank you for taking the time to share them and your lovely writing. Best wishes

Iva Messy said...

ahhh so so so good! ok now I am starving!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I really like your blog.

I just started mine, and i would really appreciate it if you read it and told me what you think.

- Jill

www.stylemansion.blogspot.com

Miss Jeanett said...

I'm a big fan of chicken tikka masala too - it's SO good!!

/Jeanett
http://jeanettd.blogspot.com

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online